Setup my Stripe account yesterday and started processing transactions now. Let me show you the process of setting up one and integrating it in your store.
Before setting up your Stripe account, you need the following:
1. US company – Create an LLC with delawareinc.com (3-5days)
2. EIN – get this as an extra package when you setup your LLC. (10-15days)
3. Payoneer – you need as your bank account in Stripe
1. Setup your US LCC as mentioned above.
2. Once you have the documents ready, go to Stripe.com and register for an account
3. It will ask you for your company name, US address and phone number. Use your LLC details.
4. For the SSN, put the last 4 digit of your EIN. For your bank account, use Payoneer.
5. Stripe will send you a notification email that they can’t verify your identity. So reply to Stripe that you’re not from the US but you have a US company and an EIN. Stripe support will ask you to upload your ID. Just upload your ID (any government ID – front/back)
6. Once you have your stripe account activated, go back to your Shopify settings. Go to Payment providers and select Stripe. It should automatically detect your Stripe account if you are already logged in. Just click Activate.
7. That’s it! You’re done and congratulations!
P.S. Keep your chargeback really low! Your target is 1% and lower. Stripe might disable your account if you can’t keep your chargeback low. So take care of your customers!
P.S. Created a blog of the complete process: http://www.richiesalvador.com/setting-up-stripe-for-shopify-non-us/